Fresh Mushroom and Corn Soup
I tried 2 new recipes last night. The first one is fresh mushroom and corn soup, and the other one is tomato pesto pasta. It took me an hour to prepare both dishes. But it was all worth it in the end when I saw how my family loved what I served for dinner. 🙂
Just want to share a healthy soup recipe for you to try.
This dish is so light and healthy yet satisfying and flavorful.
*makes 8 servings
*5 minutes preparation time
*20 minutes cooking time (including heating broth to simmer)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 pack fresh oyster mushroom
- 1 can young corn sliced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a stockpot, dissolve 4 Knorr chicken cubes in 8 cups of boiling water. Stir continuously.
- In a pan, saute mushroom and corn in olive oil until cooked.
- Add cooked mushroom and corn to the broth. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add butter. Serve while hot.
So easy and so healthy, right? You can substitute fresh young corn instead of canned. You can also use other types of mushrooms such as champignon and Shitake. I think this will also taste good if you use Shitake mushroom together with beef broth. You can also add carrots for a more colorul approach.
Let me know when you have tried this recipe or if you’ve made variations. Happy eating!
♥ Monique ♥