I was so delighted to be invited to attend this year’s Singapore Blog Awards Ceremony, which was held last Saturday, 16 August 2014, at the *SCAPE Ground Theatre.
Started in 2008, the Singapore Blog Awards is the brainchild of omy.sg. According to omy, “it was created to honor independent content producers who create and curate content that make for fun, informative, and insightful reads.”
Attendees were asked to come dressed in smart casual / derby fashion or anything inspired by horses. Most were pretty much in theme. Couldn’t find a nice hat so I just came wearing a dress and heels. 🙂
Bloggers who get to be SBA finalists gain a lot of publicity and experience… And the winners certainly get a lot more! For starters, each winner of the judges’ choice categories receive a custom-made trophy designed by Singapore’s most expensive living artist, Mr. Tan Swie Hian.
Aside from that, they get to win the following:
- A 5D4N trip to Cebu and Bohol, the Philippines, inclusive of airfare and accommodation (Sponsored by the Philippine Tourism Promotions Board) – Apparently, They are the main sponsor. That’s why there’s a logo of “It’s more fun in the Philippines” everywhere. :))
- A pair of tickets to Alive Museum Singapore worth up to $50
- A Hoyu hair care product hamper worth over $200
Isn’t that amazing?! Now, I’m sure you can’t wait to get to know who the winners are. So here are the winners:
Advertisers’ Choice: Best Beauty Blog
- 3rd Place: Cheryl of because every part of you can be beautiful, even your buns
- Prize: HS95 Nanoe Hair Styler $169
- 2nd Place: Jean Gan of A Singapore beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger
- Prize: EH-NA45 Nanoe Hair Dryer + EH-HS95 Nanoe Hair Styler, total worth $338
- 1st Place: Jessie Ting of Jessie’s Passion in Life
- Prize: EN-2473 Facial Steamer worth $599
Advertisers’ Choice: Best Cooking Blog
- 3rd Place: Karyn & Pei Ching of Twice as Delicious
- Prize: SD-PD104 Breadmaker worth $329
- 2nd Place: Shirley Wong of Little Miss Bento
- Prize: SD-P104 Breadmaker worth $329 + Coffeemaker worth $99
- 1st Place: The Domestic Goddess Wannabe
- Prize: NN-GD692 Microwave Oven worth $499 + SD-P104 Breadmaker worth $329
And then, here are the winners of the Followers’ Choice Awards.
- Favorite Twitter Influencer: Spin or Bin Music
- Favorite YouTube Channel: NinjaGirls Channel
- Favorite Celebrity Instagram Account: Aaron Yan
Finally, here are the winners of the Editors’ / Judges’ Choice Awards:
- Best Family Blog: Mama J of Mum in the Making
- Best Fashion Blog: Regina Chow of Shopping Queen’s Haven
- Best Food Blog: Tony Johor Kaki of Johor Kaki Food and Travel Stories
- Best Individual Blog: 女飞侠
- Best Lifestyle Blog: Smith Leong of Smith’s Blog
- Best New Blog: Travelled Paths of Stories for the Adventurous Soul
- Best Photography Blog: 龟头 of 龟头部落
- Best Topical Blog: Team SM of Seriously Man
- Best Travel Blog: Allyoffduty
Here are the winners plus judges…
Then, here’s a “wefie” with Guest of Honor Ms. Sim Ann, Minister of State, Ministry of Communications and information, and Ministry of Education.
So cute, yeah? 🙂
In between the awarding of winners, there was a dance intermission number by these funny and charming ladies.
Of course, an event wouldn’t be complete without some fun activities, right? So there’s the obligatory photo booth and the super nice glitter tattoo booth.
Since I was very curious about this glitter tattoo thing, I decided to give it a shot.
First, you have to choose a pattern from the ones available.
I chose LOVE.
Then you need to choose which colors you want to use. I chose RED and GOLD.
Then she applied something like clear nail polish.
After that, she applied the glitters.
And… it’s done!
What do you think? 🙂
I also didn’t pass up the chance to get a photo with Smith Leong dressed as a magical unicorn.
I’ve always wanted to attend the SBA since they began. Hopefully someday, I’d get to be one of the finalists. ^_^ Anyway, thank you very much to OMY Blog Club for the invite. It was a great and fun experience for me. ^_^ Thank you too for the freebies!
Congratulations again to all the winners!
♥ Monique ♥