Please vote for me and help me become a part of Avon’s Makeup Council: http://avon4.me/MakeupCouncilVote Look for my name “JEAN” and click VOTE! Thanks!
Here is an easy-to-do makeup tutorial for times when you want to feel sexy and sultry.
- Avon Ideal Luminous Invisible Coverage Dual Powder Foundation with SPF 15/PF++ in Natural Beige
- Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Emerald Cut
- Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Rose Luster
- Avon Supershock Max Mascara in Black
- Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Blackest Black
- Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Berry Bright
- Avon Ultra Glazewear Lip Gloss in Mauve Movement
Let’s start. Shall we? 🙂
Before applying any makeup, the first thing to do is to cleanse, tone, and moisturize your face. Doing these 3 important steps keep skin healthy and it makes the makeup go on smoothly after. Instead of my regular moisturizer, I used a tinted one in this instance. The tinted moisturizer acts a bit like a foundation and gives good coverage. Now, I just need to spot on concealer to the areas that needed additional coverage like the forehead (because of my pimples) and the area under the eyes.
TIP: When choosing the shade of the concealer, it is advised to choose one that is one shade lighter than your skin tone. This is effective in concealing unwanted spots.
- Apply concealer by spotting on lightly on the areas that you want to conceal. TIP: It is best to apply concealer lightly first and then just add another layer when you think that you need more coverage.
- Blend the concealer by patting lightly with your ring finger. The heat coming from your fingertip makes the concealer melt and blend well with your foundation. TIP: Your middle and ring fingers have the lightest touch. Thus, they are called the “beauty fingers” because they are the ones that you use to apply makeup and skincare products to ensure that you will apply too much pressure on your face. Applying heavy pressure makes face prone to premature wrinkles.
The next thing to do is to apply face powder to set the foundation and the concealer. The powder absorbs excess oils and makes the skin appear matte. I used the Avon Ideal Luminous Invisible Coverage Dual Powder Foundation with SPF 15/PA++ in Natural Beige.
Apply the powder all over your face focusing on the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) because this area tends to be more oily than other areas on your face.
After applying the base, it is now time to add color and dimension to our face. 🙂 Let’s start with the eyebrow powder. I prefer using an eyebrow powder because it fills my eyebrows well and creates a natural yet defined look.
TIP: Choose a shade that matches your hair color. Since I have dark brown hair, I use a dark brown eyebrow powder.
- This is the proper way to shape your eyebrows. Use a pencil to know where your eyebrows should begin and end and where the arch should be. Knowing your right brow shape is essential because it serves as a guide when you are filling in your brows.
- Using an angled brush, brush the eyebrow powder on the lower portion of your brows, outlining the desired shape.
- Do the same on the top part of your brows.
- Fill in your brows by blending the powder that you previously used to outline your brows. You can add more powder if you want, just make sure that you don’t apply too much or else it would look harsh on your face.
- Here’s a technique to have well-defined and clean-looking eyebrows: use a concealer. Just swipe concealer on areas above and below your brows. Then blend well using any of your beauty fingers.
The next step is applying the eye color. I used the Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Emerald Cut with the following colors: 1) shimmering beige, 2) softened peach, 3) green metal and 4) blackened emerald.
- Before applying any eye color, it is best to apply a primer to make sure that the eye color will stay longer. You can also use a concealer to even out the color of your lids. Just make sure to blend it well.
- Use Shade #1 as a highlighter. Apply it on the inner corners of your eyes in a shape like this: > and <. Apply it too on the brow bones to highlight the eyebrows. As you can see, the highlighter makes the eyes more illuminated and the brows look lifted. TRIVIA: According to research, younger people have a lighter tone on the inner corners of their eyes as compared to older people. Thus, using a highlighter on these areas will make you look younger.
- Sweep on Shade #2 on the inner lids. Shade #2 adds a nice peach shimmer on the eyes.
- Apply Shade #3 on the outer lids. At this point, I added more Shade #1 to the upper part of the eyelids.
- Apply Shade #4 on the crease of your eyelids and the lash line in a “C” shape.
- As you can see, the outline still looks harsh in Step 7. But if you blend it well, it will create a nice smokey eye effect. Blend the crease color using windshield wiper-like stroke. Then, blend the rest of the colors in a circular motion towards the inner area of the eyes. You’ll know that you blended well enough when you don’t see harsh strokes of colors.
The next step is to apply eye liner on the upper and lower lash lines. Eye liner makes the eyes look bigger and more beautiful. I used the Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Blackest Black.
- Apply the eye liner on the upper lash line closest to where your eyelashes are.
- Then, apply it on your waterline or the part just above your lashes.
Use a mascara to accentuate the eyes and to have fuller and longer lashes. I used Avon Supershock Max Mascara in Black. I really love this mascara because it makes my, otherwise non-existent, lashes look fuller and longer.
- Apply mascara by sweeping it upward starting from the roots of your lashes.
- For a more dramatic look, apply mascara on your lower lashes as well.
The next step is to apply blush on your cheeks. I used the Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Rose Luster.
Swipe the blush starting from the apples of your cheeks in an upward stroke towards the hairline. TIP: If you want your face to appear slimmer, apply blush from the cheekbones outwards and towards the hairline.
And the last step is to apply lip color. 🙂 Lip color greatly defines the overall look that you will have. Go for nudes if you want a more subdued look… or go for bright red or pink for a sexier look. I used Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Berry Bright and Avon Ultra Glazewear Lip Gloss in Mauve Movement.
- Apply lipstick on lower lips.
- Apply lipstick on upper lips.
- Finish off with a lip gloss.
Using a lip gloss makes your lips look fuller and smoother. It also adds more shine to your lips, matching the shimmery eye colors used earlier.
So there you have it! This is the finished look:
This is my entry for the Avon “You Make It Beautiful” Blogger Challenge. In this challenge, we were tasked to create a themed look based on the set that we received. So with what I have, I created a smokey eye using pink and green colors. I am so happy that I was able to create a look that is very wearable and easy to do. 🙂 This look is great for a night out with your girl friends, a date, a club party, or any occasion where you want to feel sexy and sultry.
♥ Monique ♥