Do you have an old pair of jeans that you do not use anymore? You can turn them into shorts that you can wear again with just a few cuts and stitches. 🙂
I have had this pair of jeans since 2007 and it is very much overused from wearing it almost everyday. Yes, it’s definitely my favorite pair of jeans. But all good things come to an end. Early this year, there appeared a large hole, apparently from wear and tear, so I tossed it in the basket of clothes to give away.
Last June, my sister Trisha was combing through the pile of old clothes and came up with an idea. She wanted to make cut-off shorts from my old pair of jeans.
Here’s what she did:
- Mark desired length with a colored chalk.
- Add a buffer of 2 inches then cut to that length.
- Fold outwards twice (preferably 1 inch wide) until you achieve the desired length.
- Stitch using thread similar in color to that of the jeans.
- Repair holes in jeans by stitching.
That’s it. So quick and simple. 🙂
The end result? Fabulous denim cut-off shorts!
♥ Monique ♥